She waits

She waits

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bath Time!

Waking up next to him is still a treat.  One that I hope I never ever get used to.  Feeling the light hit my face, waking up all warm and snuggly next to my love.  What a perfect way to start the day!  Of course, as soon as I'm awake, I have to promptly jump out of bed.  If I don't, I cannot stop myself from trailing my fingers down his jaw, and resting my cheek against his chest.  As enjoyable as these things are, they usually wake him up before he's ready to be up.  Since I don't want to disturb his rest, I gently slide out of bed and start my day.

By the time Mr. Sleepy Head gets up, I have done a good bit of writing, watched a movie, and started cooking breakfast.  I try to time my cooking so that it's all ready just as he's ready to eat--not as soon as he gets up.  Really, who eats the moment they crawl out of bed?  I stifle a giggle when I see the Swamp Creature's long-lost brother stumble out of the bedroom and flop onto the couch.  I wonder if he realizes how my heart races as soon as I see him?

Our day is delightfully normal.  Grocery shopping, a little TV.  I decided to cook him a homemade meal--one of my specialties--to thank him for asking me to move in with him, and to show him that I love him.  Chicken breast, homemade mashed potatoes (note to self: get him a potato masher! I really like to make mashed potatoes from scratch, and he doesn't have one), and asparagus.  Frozen yogurt for dessert.  The meal takes me over an hour to prepare and serve, but I love every minute of it.  It seems that everything I get to do for him is a joy.  And seeing him devour the meal I made like he hadn't eaten in a week was definitely a pleasure.

After dinner, he announces that he's going to go take a bath.  Before he goes, though, he makes a wise crack about me.

"Oh ho, you think so, huh?"  I say, jumping up and heading to the bathroom.  I start filling the tub knowing full well that he thinks it's for him.  Not this time!  Little snot wants to make wise cracks about me, I'm going to steal his bath. hehehe  :)

Of course, I can't hide anything from him.  He figured out what I was up to, and decided he was fine with me taking his bath.  In fact, he helped me get in...clothes and all!  I don't think I was able to catch my breath for a full 10 minutes after that.  He didn't help matters, either, what with resisting when I pulled him in after me.  He tried to keep himself out of the tub by grabbing on to the shower curtain, which pulled the rod down on top of our heads.  I lost sight of him under the curtain for a little while and had to dig him out.  No easy task when you're laughing yourself silly!

Somewhere between pulling off my soaking wet jeans and helping him put the shower curtain back up, I realize that moments like these are why I'm so completely in love with him.  He is not a spontaneous person, or this silly, he doesn't even laugh that often.  But he does with me.  When he is with me, I feel his walls come down, and I see him come alive.  In these things, I see the reflection of exactly what he does for me.  He is my match, and I love him so.

No comments:

Post a Comment