She waits

She waits

Monday, January 24, 2011

Not doing well

I am so exhausted right now.  The last couple of weeks have been nothing but stress, strain, and constant go go go.  Don't I get a break?  Please, please?

We have officially left Cheyenne.  First stop was his brother's place in Nowheresville, OR.  That was for about three days.  Then off to his parents' for another three or four days.  Then to his sister's for another four days.  Then to his other sister's for three days.  Now we're back with the first sister.  I have been surrounded by his family constantly for the last two weeks, and I'm pretty overwhelmed at this point.

I'm terrified that I'm being rude to them, that I'm embarrassing him, but I don't know what to do any more.  We don't have a place, I don't have a job, we're running out of money, and I was seriously behind on my schoolwork right up until yesterday.  That's a lot of pressure on one person.  It's up to me to provide the income at this point, so I'm the only one job hunting.  I'm the only one going to school.  I'm the only one who can handle all the secretarial work of making appointments to view apartments and keeping all the information organized.  He's been sick for a while, so I've been the main one driving us around Portland.  If you've never driven here, it can be pretty damned intimidating.  It's been a real struggle for me.

His family has grilled me every single time that he's been out of the room for details about my son (a VERY tender subject), and all the past mistakes I've made with S.  So much for tact, huh?  And whoever came up with the idea that some topics need to be off limits need to introduce that thought to this family.  It's really confusing for me at times.  I mean, they are about the nicest people I've ever met.  They're pretty close-knit, and generous with what they have.  But they are also coarse, fairly tactless, and very very blunt.  It's a pretty incongruous mix to me.  Like I said, I've gotten overwhelmed over the last couple of weeks.

My problem now is that I have nowhere to go to get away for a while.  We only have one car, and it belongs to S.  We are staying with his family.  My own family lives hours and days away from here.  I have no friends in the area who can put me up for a while, much less both of us.  The sister that we're staying with right now doesn't have a spare bedroom for us to use.  Instead, we are on a blow-up mattress in the middle of the living room.  So, even though I'm exhausted right now and could easily go to bed, my "bed" is being used as a couch by S and his nephew while they watch a movie.

Therefore, I am stuck at the dining room table typing away, trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do.  :(  I am not doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment