She waits

She waits

Friday, January 28, 2011

Harsh Blog Dealt

First of all, he's officially out of the Air Force now.  The 26th was his last official day.  He was able to get time off for the last couple weeks he was in to come here and look for a new place to live.  It all worked out fairly smoothly.  I hope he's doing all right with all of it.  I'd ask him, but I honestly don't know if I should talk to him at all for a while.

We've been looking at places for the last couple of weeks, and we finally found one that we both really like.  At least, I think we both really like it.  He told his sister his opinion on the place, but I wasn't privy to that conversation.  So, we applied for the place, and now we're waiting to hear if we are accepted or not.  I am a little nervous about it.  I wonder if he is, but I don't know because he hasn't told me anything about how he's feeling.  Anyway, in the hopes that we are accepted, we started looking for a couple of bits of furniture that we're going to need.  We looked for a couple of hours in one store, and then he looked around online for a while.  I don't know what his opinions are on anything except for one shelf that we saw in the store.  I know that he has opinions, because, again, he told his sister all about what he saw and what he thought about it.  He even took her through all the kitchen islands that he found online.  This morning, though, he thought he'd showed me.  I guess it's nice that he confuses me with his sister.

Every night she comes home and he goes straight to her to tell her all about his day and what he thinks of the apartment search, the apartment itself, the pieces he wants for it, his style preferences, what he already has.  And she's right there to tell him about her day and tell him about what stores she thinks he should check out, and go through a fucking scrapbook she's got.  Technically this is going to be my apartment as well, but you wouldn't know it from the way they are.  During these conversations, her comments are directed at him by name, and his back is turned to me.  I try to join in, and I'm completely ignored.  Wow, way to make a girl feel like a shunned dog, guys!

He'd probably think I'm over-reacting.  The last couple of weeks have been rough on us both, and the last weekend in particular.  We've both reached our limit of patience, tolerance, and general feel-goodness.  We're strained.  More than likely, he'd like to attribute all I'm thinking and feeling to that.  It's not just that, though (it is some, admittedly).  This is my first real place with him.  At the apartment in Cheyenne, it was already his, and I was invited to stay with him for a while.  But this place is supposed to be ours.  That really means something to me, and he's being really cruel and disrespectful to me on this by snubbing me constantly in favor of going over every little detail with his sister when he barely talks to me.

It's particularly disappointing that I tried to tell him something about this at the store yesterday.  I let him know that it's hard that so much of what is going in to this new apartment is his, and I don't feel like I've contributed.  I don't feel like I can do something that's mine.  And then last night he bails on me again to talk to his sister about everything he saw, what he liked and what he didn't, and go through her scrapbook.  I guess that lets me know how much he considers the things I say.

Really, I think what it comes down to is that I was right in Cheyenne.  I figured that as soon as we got to Portland, he'd quickly tire of me.  He's around me every day, most of the day if not all of it.  We have one car between us (his), so we go pretty much everywhere together.  We are currently staying with family (his) that have no spare bedroom, so we are out in the middle of the common area all the time.  By this point, he is most likely ready for some space from me, and he makes that abundantly clear in everything that he does.

On the one hand, I can understand that.  After all, I have times where I would like some space and privacy also.  However, it's not like I'm clinging to him.  I'm not following him around everywhere that he goes, wanting him to pay attention to me every fucking minute.  We couldn't afford to bring two cars, so I sold mine.  I don't have family or friends here that can put us up, and he does.  I did not choose for his sister to not have a spare bedroom, that's just the way it worked out.  I'm not crowding him on purpose, this is a transition time, that's all.  He doesn't need to treat me like a leper.

I guess I reached my breaking point last night.  The only time he acts like he wants me around is when we're having sex.  We started to last night, and then he suddenly slapped me with a reminder that I have to go to court in a little more than a week.  To say goodbye to my son for a few months at least.  God, he must really hate me to hit me with that.  And the way he said it...

I asked him what he was thinking, what was on his mind.  He said he was thinking about me.  I asked him what about me.  His response?  That he was thinking about how I have to go to court in, like, a week.

How do I even respond to that?  I froze at the time.  He tried to hold me and comfort me, but I couldn't understand why.  Why deal a blow like that and then try to snuggle?  I love him and feel comforted by him almost all the time.  Pretty much every time he holds me.  He doesn't have to hurt me first to make me want to be close to him.  I ended up leaving the bed (air mattress) and going to the bathroom to cry.  I don't know how long I was gone, but he was asleep by the time I got back.

I've barely spoken to him today.  I don't know what to say any more.  Right now, it feels like all there is for us is stress, problems, and arguments.  I don't want to fight with him.  I don't want to try to talk about another problem.  Nothing helps anyway, does it?  I don't think he listens to me.  I don't think he cares what I have to say, so none of it matters.

*sigh*  I was really hoping to have a good day, too.  I got a call from my boss.  As part of my job, I need to have access to a four-wheel-drive vehicle, and my boss will be providing that.  A Honda Element, in blue.  And it will be delivered to me on Monday or Tuesday of this coming week.  Fully-loaded, GPS, and a gas card.  Insurance is completely taken care of, and the company will pay for the parking space I'll need for it.  Both of us will be fully covered, too.

My direct supervisor will be coming out this coming week to deliver my Element to me, and to give me an advance on my salary. And to possibly purchase me a Tablet PC to use for work and school.  My poor little computer is about dead, so I need a better system to do my job.  That's the plan.  I haven't told S any of it.  I guess I just don't think he'll care any more about that than he doesn't anything else that comes from me.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment