She waits

She waits

Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Holidays

Christmas is just over three weeks away now.  I haven't purchased any of the gifts I'm planning to get, but I have a lot of ideas for what I'm going to give to people.  The one big difficulty I'm having is with S.  It's not that I don't have any idea of what to get him, it's that I have too many ideas of what to get him.  Shopping for him is really easy as far as options, but really hard as far as narrowing those options down.

I've thought about getting him a video game chair (I found the perfect one, I think).  Or a whiskey decanter and tumbler set.  I've also thought about a calligraphy set, or a couple of collector's editions of games that he's been wanting.  I've thought about a few books that I would just love to get for him.  On the off chance that he reads this blog, I won't list the one thing that I'm certainly going to get for him.  There are other ideas as well.  I truly wish that I could get everything for him.  Wouldn't that be nice?  I would really enjoy that--giving him nice things, bringing good new things to his life.

I also look at gifts for him as a way to show him that I know him, and I care about him.  I pay attention to what matters to him.  I remember when he says something.  Who knows if it will come across that way to him?  All I can do is hope, and plan...

Oh dear.  Now I've got that ridiculous song stuck in my head. "Wishing and hoping..." Grrr.  I'm about to go to work, and that song is going to be stuck in my head all day long!  :(  How annoying is that?

Anywho, I'm off.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment